Print this page
Collections & Services
The library carries over 80,000 items including
- Adult collection
bestsellers, fiction, mysteries, non-fiction, etc.
- Young Adult (Teen) collection
- Magazines and newpapers, including online resources (click on "Databases")
- Easy English collection
A collection of audio-visual materials and books useful for learning English
Unabridged and abridged books on cassette and CD
- eLibraryNJ: With your Kearny Library card, you can download audiobooks to your personal PC, laptop or PDA and transfer them to MP3/WMA devices or burn to CD. ListenNJ also offers eBooks that you can download to most computers or your ebook reader. Go to eLibraryNJ.com to check it out.
Special Interest collection: The Friends of the Kearny New Jersey Free Public Library has donated a Special Interest collection which contains books for children with special needs and disabilities. Many of the titles received the Dolly Gray award for outstanding children’s literature. Young readers will find the books’ characters to have special disabilities just like they may have themselves, ranging from ADHD, anxiety disorders, Asperger syndrome, autism, Down syndrome, dyslexia, hearing and sight impairments, OCD, wheel chair confinement and other challenges.
▲ Back to Top ▲
The library offers a variety of services, including
- Renew your books online
- Click on Online Catalog and log on to your account using your library card number (no spaces) and password (call the library if you need more information about the password) to see what you have checked out with their due dates. You may renew online.
- Holds may be placed on items currently checked out.
- Holds may be placed in person, by telephone, or through the online catalog (click on "Library Catalog," search for a title, and click on "Place a Request.") Enter your library card number and password (call the library if you haven't set up a password.)
- When the held item becomes available, you will be notified by telephone.
- Books the library does not own may be requested. The library may purchase the book, if new, or may borrow it from another library through interlibrary loan.
- Interlibrary Loan
- An interlibrary loan may be requested in person, by telephone, or online, where you can search the catalogs of other libraries through the JerseyCat system.
- A maximum of three interlibrary loan items can be checked out or pending at any one time.
- Questions are answered in the library, by email, or on the telephone.
- Computer Access
- There are computers available for internet access, word processing, etc. at the main library and at the branch library.
- Wireless internet access is available at the main library.
- Click here for Rules for computer usage.
- Tax Forms
- Tax forms are available during tax season
- Photocopies cost $0.15 per page
▲ Back to Top ▲
E-mail the Library